Paid Internship- Social Media Coordinator – Full Time 3-month Term Position
Local documentary production company, Merit Motion Pictures is seeking an intern to work as social media coordinator for 3 month term commencing March 2017. The individual This individual will work collaboratively with the marketing team to implement a social media strategy and serve as a key resource for developing and implementing a social media strategy for marketing Merit Motion Pictures and its upcoming productions, related blogs and apps, along with writing stories and news releases. The Social Media Coordinator will also liaise with community partners to highlight shared initiatives. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of social media, interest in science, nature and environmental issues. Some experience with video production and community organizing is an asset. This full-time position will report to the Lead for Development & Community Outreach. Some travel may be required. Please note that we are looking for someone who can start work immediately to help with the release of two feature documentaries.
- Contribute to and implement a social media strategy to support the marketing plan of the films and digital media components.
- Create and coordinate content for a strong social media presence and strategy with a focus on film sales, impact goals, and to maintain a social media presence.
- Offer coordinating support for the social media involvement of the film’s non-profit and community partners.
- Research and write news releases, copy for marketing pieces and advertising as assigned, prepare advertorial text for media distribution, and conduct research.
- Help with editing and writing web content.
- Maintain the films brands.
- Provide support for the directors or the producer during events and screenings related to the film. Events may take place evenings and weekends.
- Photograph and post or live blog event related pieces.
- Take and/or obtain photographs suitable for use with published stories and assist with photo uploads, access, and archive processes.
- Assist with text proofing.
- Compile and report social media analytics on a monthly basis.
- Assume other duties from time to time as strategic emphasis evolves and as assigned.
- Strong social media experience and capacity to effectively utilize social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, etc.)
- Excellent written communications skills and excellent computer skills. Familiarity with both Microsoft Office Suite and Mac platforms including PhotoShop skills for Social Media.
- Must be available to work irregular hours as required.
- Must be willing to travel.
Minimum wage – $11/hr
This internship is funded through Film Training Manitoba and candidates must fit the criteria outlined below:
- Must be 30 years old or under
- Must be a Canadian citizen permanent resident or person on whom refugee status has been conferred
- Must be a resident of Manitoba and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not be in receipt of Employment Insurance Benefits (EI) or Employment and Income Assistance
Application Deadline: March 10th 2017
Inquiries should be directed to Laurel Hogan at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed and accepted upon receipt and will be accepted until this position is filled. Applicants should send a resume along with the names of three references, in confidence to:
Merit Entertainment, Inc.
248 Princess Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1M2